"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Sunday, September 9, 2012

some late updates

did go on Holiday directly after my last Triathlon , so didn't get a chance to write a nice Race Report , so now with nearly 3 Weeks delay here it comes.
I started my Triathlon adventure last year with exactly this Triathlon , so I was very curious to see if and how far I had come in the3 last Year.
First of all , since I know now what to the expect when I not so nervous about a race anymore and I also know now what to eat at which state . Last year I had totally forgotten to eat a Breakfast and was starving about the time my Race Wave started . This was not an error I have repeated, I had my Breakfast and I had my snacks and waited more or less patiently until my Race started. This was again not a Race to win anything or finish at the top 10 in my Age Group , this Race was about me and only me.
So the Swim started, a short 600 m River swim, I still was one of the slowest swimmers in my Wave group but this Year no one from the next Wave group passed me and i was nearly 6 minutes faster then last Year , that felt great. Still felt rather wobbly when I came out of the Water but managed to get out of the Wet suit and onto the Bike in under 4 minutes , good time for me. so now a 16km Cycle Ride started and in hindsight I have to say that I took it too easy on the Bike but at the time of the Race I had the feeling that my legs and lungs were bursting , quite a few Racer past me on the Ride again I improved my cycling time over last years time , only by 4-5 minutes but anyway no too bad.
Last Stretch would be the toughest one for me , the Run , I knew it would be a muddy Trail run so I had early on decided to wear Trail runners, that was a pretty good decision . The Run was only 4 km Long but for me it felt more like 10 km , I was really tired by the Time I reached the finish line. I had managed to improve my time from last year by 13 minutes and i enjoyed every minute of that Race.
Yes I'm fully and utterly Triathlon hooked and I actually will try now to do a really good winter Training and can't wait to see which effects this will have on next Years Triathlon Season .

A colleague of mine was wondering the other Day how I had managed to loose so much weight and I started to tell about my Triathlons and how much I enjoy doing this , his simple reply was : I see how much you enjoy this you are  beaming all over your Face while talking about this and that puts it to the point . as soon as I start to think about Triathlons , I get exited.
To the point of Weight loss , this is still a slow Process but today the Scale showed for the first time my weight to be under 70kg ( 11 Stones ) . 
For the Winter Season I'm planning to do a lot of weight Training also hopefully again some Yoga  and of course more swimming cycling and running .... 


No comments:

Post a Comment