"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Monday, April 15, 2013

Lung function Test , Running Races and Triathlons

last Week I finally had my annual lung Function Test, to say I was nervous about that would have been an understatement. The Day came i did the Test and I'm really happy about the results, my lung function is still on the increase, not very common for a 41 Year old Person.
So with that result I asked my Doctor , why am I slower then more or less any other person in any kind of running Race, he explained to me that if there is a medical Reason for it only a VO2 Max Test would show this , so that is one of the next steps , I'm fortunate that my Health Insurance will also finances a Test so I will book myself into this in the early Summer time.
But in general I'm really happy that my Results were so good, next stop Thyroids and  CT Scan and then the Health stuff should be sorted for a while.
More importantly  Spring is finally looming  and I have booked myself into a Sprint Triathlon in early May, which has done wonders to my Training.
 I'm nearly every morning in the pool and I have managed to do one big nice cycle Ride in and a bit of running ( including another 10k Trailrace ), not enough yet but I'm getting there.
So glad that I have my Butterflies back in my Stomach, I have Race fever. 
On one Site I'm really nervous about the Triathlon on the other site I can't wait for it.
That feeling is just great so much enjoy this feeling , it gives me the feeling to be alive. So this weekend is another short Trail Race , I'm actually considering to move from the 10km down to the 5 Km option because I want to train on Speed, rather then the Distance which I know I can do. I still have a day or two to make a final decision on it.

One last thing, I have to go for an Open Water swim, problem is that the Water here is really cold, something like 7-8 Degrees Celcius, a bit too cold for my taste but for the Triathlon in May I have to get used to the cold Water. My Triathlon club will do a open Water swim on the 1st of May but I think I need to jump into the cold a bit earlier 

1 comment:

  1. Just want to say thank you for your blog. I just found out that I'm a MZ carrier as well, and my doctor doesn't really know what to do about it, so I've been online researching it. I love running too, and hope to start again soon!

    ReplyDelete