"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Saturday, October 13, 2012

everything from 5 km to Half Marathon

This morning I had a 5 km Trail Race and I have ot say that was a though one, the Trail mostly consisted out of Bog or at least that was my impression but even though I got wet and very muddy I really enjoyed that race, I did the "short" version of the Race since I knew I wouldn't be able to do 10 km of this type of race at the moment.
I did the same Race last year and managed to do the 10 km distance , OK just about.
Anyway my running has been a concern of mine , so when last week a friend of mine told me he had signed up for a half Marathon in March, that got me thinking. I realized the only way I will get into regular running habits again is with a scare factor, so the same evening I signed up for that Race as well.
I have done one other half Marathon before so I know how long 13.1 miles / 21 km can be.
Since I have some bigger plans for later in 2013 that half Marathon will be a huge stepping stone. If I manage to pull that one of in a for me decent time then I will go ahead to do a half Ironman late in 2013.
In regards to scare Factor that Idea can't get much bigger but I know I want to do this.

Funnily enough , last Year when I did my first Sprint triathlon another Friend of mine did actually on the same Day on the other site of the World a full Ironman.
 I heard the other that She wants to do another Ironman next Year. It sounds weird but it will be  huge boost for me, that I know a Person who will train to do twice the Distance of the same type of Race.

I'm writing this on the same day when the Ironman World Championship in Kona are about to start, I an hours time. In will be glued to the live Stream to watch all these amazing Athletes.
Time to get ready to watch an amazing Race with amazing athletes ,  I believe this Year there are 5-6 People on the Start line which are over 80 Years of age, not really possible to get a better inspiration



No comments:

Post a Comment