"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Wonder Drug : Physical Activity !

I borrowed this Sentence " the Wonder Drug : Physical Activity"  from a Speech I was listening to last Week  during a Patient Conference and it made a pretty big impression on me, because I think I'm living proof that this sentence is very true.
The Conference was held for Alpha1 Patients , it is annually conference to which I try to attend every Year.
Since I'm a Alpha1 carrier and no one can tell me if I ever will run into serious Heath Problems I tend to keep an Eye on the developments in the Research of Alpha1.

It is quite interesting and disturbing at the same time , no one knows why some Alpha1 Carriers ( which i'm ) get serious Lung and liver Disease, however it seems to be a small percentage of carriers who get affected. I know that smoking active and Passive is a huge factor.

I'm not smoking and I don't allow anyone around me to smoke , however I was for easily 25 Years of my life exposed to passive Smoking and that honestly scares me quite a bit , I just hope that this will not bite me at some stage.

Anyway the patient conference was very interesting and one of the guest Speakers was a psychologist, he spoke about Stress,if you are stressed your immune System might get affected and that is something a Alpha1 Patient can't afford and probably no one can actually really afford.

I know from myself if when I'm stressed over a longer period of time, I will get a cold or bronchitis.
So not being stressed is very important to me. One relieve for stress is physical activity , which brings me nicely around to the purpose of the Block , being a Alpha1 Carrier who tries to get fit with physical Activity .
I have now 4 month and 5 Days to get ready for my Half marathon, at the moment i can maybe run 5km without getting into huge problems and I'm slow I mean really slow but I have done now some training's runs and I'm slowly getting into the habit .
 I also have on my Breakfast Table the Training's plan for the Half marathon,every morning when I have my coffee I see it and that is a good reminder that works actually better than to to hang the Plan onto the fridge or something like that.
The good thing about the half Marathon plan is I know that this is only a intermediate Goal if I manage to get this done decently then late in 2013 I will try to do a Half Ironman and even that thought is very existing and a bit scary.
 I have already realized that I miss my Triathlons and I'm currently planning my 2013 season, so looking forward to do it again.
i believe if anyone even thinks of doing a Triathlon he/She is probably already hooked

So more Swim , Bike and RUN .....

No comments:

Post a Comment