"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Monday, December 10, 2012

10km Santa Run's and what else ?

Haven't blogged in a while , just because not much did happen lately, however I did yesterday another 10km Santa run. The Run was on the Beach and we were all running , walking in Santa suits.
Imagine to see over 1100 People ( Grown ups and kids )  all dressed in Red Santa Suits on a Beach. Doing these kind of Events, that's what it is all about for me, I don't want to win Races,I just love the buzz of these Events.
The Weather on top of it was perfect ,the Day had started out rather miserably but in the afternoon when the Run started the Sun came out and it was just perfect.
As just mentioned ans stated in many previous Blogs, I don't want to win Races I never will be fast, however , yesterday I was defiantly too slow.
I need to get some more speed under my belt because I want to do in March a half Marathon , which I know I will be able to manage the Distaste with pure stubbornness, however that can't be my goal .
 I want to be able to run that event and enjoy it and not dreading the last 8 km of the Event and i want to manage it in 2 hrs 20 min ( Slow for other people , blazing fast for me )
Which means again back to basics , regular running training ( boring but necessary ) .
I have put some measures into place to make sure that I will do my regular running Training , more about this later.
I also have put together my Racing plan for 2013 , I'm so looking forward to the next triathlon Season. I will decide after the Half Marathon in March what my longest Triathlon distance in 2013 will be, little voice in my Head still hopes for the half Iron Distance .
Swimming is going great ,again I'm slow but I don't fear a 2km Swim as such, i know with  regular training i can manage that easily enough, i have dropped off a bit on the Cycling, weather has just turned a bit nasty, hope to replace that with Spinning, haven't done that in a while either.
Running yep hope my secret plan works and lastly Core Training , I know i have to do it, otherwise  I get injured, so once a week back to the Gym doing Body Balance. that's a great mix out of Yoga , Pilate's and Thai Chi.


Great Sunset after the Santa Run 



No comments:

Post a Comment