"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012 done and dusted, roll on 2013

What a Year it has been, I really think that this was one of the best Years I ever had the fun to experience.
I have learned so much , my health has been amazing I have found a sport I have utterly fallen in love with so yes 2012 was truly amazing.
Lets put some Details into 2012, firstly had the huge Honor of meeting Chrissie Wellington , have even a smiling picture of her and myself ;o)
Health wise : NOT A SINGLE COLD all Year long , that's really nice what makes it even nicer is that I'm a Alpha1 Carrier and I have been rather sick in the past ,in previous Years my Diet existed out of Antibiotics for many wees of the Year also I didn't get a single injury even though my Training has gone up quite a bit.
That brings me nicely to my next good part , Training , I have done this Year ( so far ) 2130 KM in Cycling ( mostly ) running, swimming and Hiking , that combines to 220 hrs of Exercise.

In comparison  in 2011 I managed to do 953 km ( cycling, running etc) which was 126 hrs .
I have done 4 Sprint Triathlons and 15 Running Races ( all short distance 5-10 km ) .All this was made possible because I finally took my Weight loss seriously , funnily enough I don't think I did all the exercise to loose weight , no it was the other way around , I enjoy doing exercise which made it possible to loose all this weight.

I have learned a very important lesson , loosing weight for the sake of loosing weight without a purpose doesn't work for me , I have to have a goal and archiving that Goal also means loosing weight.
So what about 2013 and Goals ....
Oh yes big time, I will do my Triathlons ,at least Olympic distance, however I will not exclude to get ready for a half Ironman  distance in 2013, all this must mean that I have to shed the last 10-12 extra Kilo's I'm carrying.
Additionally i just have been voted into the Committee of my Triathlon Club , I think that is a ad on incentive to get 2013 right .
I do not expect 2013 to run all the way smoothly , I have planned in certain hiccups which might cause problems , would be stupid to expect that everything is plain sailing.

But back to the Training's data from the beginning, I looked into my Training's Details nearly with a Microscope and found my biggest problem, it's called consistence , or rather lack of it. In one week I might have done 5 hrs of training , in the next week just 1 hr and the following week 8 Hrs of Training.
If I can level that out that it will nearly be plain Sailing but for now I just will look forward to the new Year and the new lessons I will learn.

Overview of 2012 ... 


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!




No comments:

Post a Comment