"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Saturday, June 29, 2013

What is harder getting fit or loosing weight ?

When I started my weight loss journey a couple of years ago I kind of thought with loosing weight I automatically get fitter, unfortunately that's not the way it works, at least for me.
I always thought getting fit would mean just running around the House once or twice a week would get me to such a fitness level that I easily could do a 10km race or even a half Marathon
How wrong I was, looking back at my journey so far I have to say , loosing weight is certainly not easy but in comparison of getting to my dream fitness level it's child's play.
I have learned that I will have to fight for every bit of improving my fitness.
I still have to loose 10-12 kilos of weight but I'm sure I will get there slowly but surely.
I'm very curious to see how far I can get my body to go in regards of getting fitter.
Last weekend I did do a 28 km Charity hike and even though the last couple of km did really hurt ( not only from my blisters) I never doubted that I would be able to finish that hike, that is something that would have been impossible 3 Years ago.
Anyway to finish this off, for me loosing weight and getting really fit are two very separate journeys which are still somehow connected to each other, with that in mind I'm looking forward to my next sprint Triathlon next weekend




Pictures from the Charity Hike


No comments:

Post a Comment