"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Monday, June 3, 2013

Triathlon just rocks ....

It finally had arrived again on Saturday , this Beautiful and Amazing Season called Triathlon Season, ok strictly speaking I was on a Triathlon Event a couple of Weeks ago but since that had turned into a Duathlon it doesn't really count.

So on Saturday , it was time to Swim ( 750m ) to Cycle ( 20km ) and to run ( 5km ) and I enjoyed every single meter of it, I can't even remotely describe the buzz I felt when I did put on my Wetsuit, I so much had missed this feeling, it was like meeting a very good old friend again.

I couldn't wait to get into the Water ( River Swim by the Way ) and I'm not even a really good swimmer but this Time I didn't just want to  get the swim done and dusted, I wanted  to do it well and I think I did do it well ( first Personal best of the Day ) . I still was not in the strong front group of Swimmers but I was defiantly not last in my group and no one from the next Wave did pass me on the swim ( that was a first as well ).
I did really put  Work into the Swim and was so existed to finish it in style , then the hardest part of the Race started , getting the flipping Wetsuit off, where I once again did get a leg cramp, really have to sort that out. 

After I finally managed to get the Wetsuit off ,I jumped practically on my bike and I was taking over people , me slowpoke Rodriguez for the second time of that day I took over other Competitors ( had done the same in the swim ) . Ok many passed me as well but that was ok with me. 
For some reason I decided to work really hard on the bike and I fully knew I might risk that I would need to walk on the Running part but I was willing to risk it ,so the second personal best of the day happened .

So the last part started Racking the bike , trying to get my Garmin from the Bike getting the runners on  ( felt like it took ages ) and off to the run , I was hoping to do the 5km in under 40 minutes but that was the realistic Goal , the dream goal was doing the run in 35 minutes . The Run was a mix out of Trail and street run which is not easy to navigate but i like Trail running so really enjoyed it , did I mention already that the Weather was gorgeous  as well ? The Sun was shining and i was running along a beautiful River , It did hurt but at the same time I was the happiest person on the planet. At around the 3rd km of the Run I realized that I would be finishing this Race in about 15 minutes and I didn't want it to be over so soon. I gave it all on the run and I huffing and puffing like a old Steam Train but I was really competitive against myself I wanted to do this one in a good time and bang 3rd personal best of the Day which was 35min and 35 seconds.
To put in perspective I'm still in the back of the pack but I shaved 15 minutes off the Time I did this Triathlon last Year and as mentioned before it was the best fun I could imagine.

If I compare last Saturday ( Triathlon ) and the Saturday before that ( Adventure Race ) It couldn't have been more different , I know now that I'm a Triathlete with all my soul and my goal will be to be as good as possible in that. 
When I'm doing these Events I'm not thinking about my possible Alpha1 complications which might come one Day or my thyroids which keep on growing into my Lungs , I'm just a very happy triathlete doing what I love to do, so in 2 weeks time is the next Sprint Triathlon just that one with a  difference , it's a open Water Swim and a 7km run and I can't wait for it to start.


City of Athy, amazing Crowd amazing Event 

No comments:

Post a Comment