"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Thursday, August 15, 2013

VO2 max and upcoming Olympic Race

Yesterday I did do a VO2 Max test, I'm very lucky that my Health Insurance actually covers those tests. I'm far from being a serious Athlete who really needs those tests, but since I had the chance to take one, I thought why not, additionally this test should show if I have a hidden lung problem.

So even though I didn't expect much from this test I was still nervous, getting the breathing mask strapped on and stepping on the treadmill.
The guy who tested me told me later, he thought I wouldn't last longer then 4 min.
If he would have told me that before the test I probably would have agreed, but to his surprise and my complete and utter amazement I stepped 10 min later from that Treadmill and the result was "Superior Fitness level".
I still can't believe this and I can't even tell how happy I'm about this result. With that in mind we went through the results and that got better by the minutes, the results indicate that I can do long distance events without breaking down ( Mallorca 70.3 , I'm so getting ready now ) and we also found my Problem area, I feel running is causing me trouble and never could really improve, now I know why.
I forget to breath during my run's, I actually breath in, but then I hold my breath and that is causing all the problems.
So now I need to learn to run with continuous breathing. Guess that will take awhile but I will get there. So happy that I took that test.
Another thing, in not even 2 Weeks time is my first Olympic Distance Triathlon, as usual with me I have not trained enough but a realistic goal for that race should be three hours to finish, of course only possible if I don't fall apart on the run.



No comments:

Post a Comment