"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Thursday, May 9, 2013

T -2 and counting


Just over two days left until I should start my first ever open Water Sprint Triathlon , to say my nerves are on the edge would be a understatement. It did not really help that I have been battling a cold for the last Week, I have a really bad cough which doesn't really want to go away, which means my preparation for Saturday were  "Sub optimal" ( that is  how Chrissie Wellington would word it ) .
So I only managed to do a Open Swim twice and it was both times not pleasant , second time the Water was a bit choppy and I was absolutely unable to swim straight or even swim in any shape or Form.
I know if I have similar conditions on Saturday then I will not be able to finish the swim, but not because of the Water Conditions just because I did not prep correctly, I left it all too late.
In the Past I probably would have taken my Cold , my Alpha1 etc all as an excuse ,that doesn't really work like that anymore.
 I just didn't want to get out in bad Weather to train properly, for a change I can't blame anything else.

Anyway part of me hopes for descent Weather ( looking at the moment out of the Windows and seeing Rain and gust Winds ) and just to get through this Swim , the Rest will not be easy either, but I can manage the Cycle and the Run.
Good thing, doing a Sprint Triathlon this early in the Season is that it has been already a major Wake up call ,I'm not competitive but I know that I struggle at the moment with a Sprint then a Olympic Distance Tri in a couple of Month is a big Challenge which I can't fool around with.

So in any Case it will an eventful couple of Days head of me, first Weekends Tri and on Monday I will learn if I can keep my Thyroids, I had my CT Scan yesterday and on Monday they will tell me how much they are growing and if they impact my Breathing , judging from the effects of the Cold I had,
 I believe they are causing a problem since I feel there is an obstruction on the left site of my throat.

Anyway Time to Tri again ......



No comments:

Post a Comment