"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Saturday, February 25, 2012

and another Race in the bank

today was another short 4 km Trail Race , I had the option to do 8 km or 4 km, I decided to do the short Option and the Plan was, to run really fast and it worked out the Way I wanted it .
 Trail runs tend to be a bit tougher than Road runs anyway and it was slippery at certain areas and a huge amount of People which actually slowed me down once or twice. I think this is the first time that this has happened to me, I'm usually the one who slows others down. I gave it everything during the run and  I had to walk once or twice but  that was OK for me as well.
I just had a look at my stats this month and so far I have done only this month 241 km on exercise , most of it comes from cycling but 28 km from this is running, not even remotely enough on the running side but I'm getting there. I don't think I have ever done in my life so much exercise and  I actually enjoy it quite a bit.If this should be my so called Midlife crisis then I have to say , why didn't it come earlier ?
 I have a huge amount of Fun , I'm energetic and I love the Challenges I have given myself .
Next stop will be a couple more Trail Races and then in April my first real Adventure Race.
Training's wise , I'm looking forward to more Cycle rides with the Triathlon group and I'm seriously considering to do a triathlon Trainings Camp over Easter.


No comments:

Post a Comment