"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Thursday, February 9, 2012

random thoughts of an Alpha1

today I thought might be good Day to talk again a bit about Alpha 1 ( Antitrypsin deficiency) also known as the Viking Disease .As mentioned before I am a so called MZ which means I have one normal gene ( M ) and one abnormal Gene ( Z) . Antitrypsin gets created in the Lungs gets into the Blood stream and protects the Lungs.
Without that Stuff you will very likely get COPD , Emphysema , shortly put, very nasty Lung and maybe also Liver disease.
I don't know if I ever get COPD or anything like that, no one one this planet can tell me, MZ shouldn't get any of those Disease unfortunately there are out the enough MZ who have huge health Issues , so since I don't know if I get it, I at least try to look after my health as much as possible.
I know that a lot of MZ are ignoring that there is a potential of getting seriously ill and even they know that they have one bad gene they for example still smoke ,yes it is scary to think I might get Emphysema but I have learned I can't ignore, took me actually more then 10 Years to understand that ignorance is not the answer .
So these Days I try to life healthy , I avoid pollution , no one in my surroundings is allowed to smoke , I try to eat healthy ( Work in Progress ) and I try to do regular Exercise and these Days I actually really enjoy doing Exercise , even though I'm the slowest in the running pack.
When I did last Weekend the first Cycle trip with the Triathlon Group I was and I'm still very existed about it ,not only because it was fun, but also for the first time this was something where I was for most of the time able to cycle with the pack.
Basically my breathing stayed normal and that gives me a huge boost in regards to Triathlon and fitness in general, I defiantly have a problem when it comes to running and I will know more in 2 month time, when I have my annual checkup but I guess for the moment I can keep up with cycling.
 Time to start the "racing" Season , on Saturday I will have my first 10km race of the Season , have I trained enough = No , will I be able to run the whole distance = No , will I be one of the slowest one or even last = yes maybe , will I enjoy it = YES

No comments:

Post a Comment