"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Thursday, January 9, 2014

Training sleep and more Training



I have been now for roughly 10 Weeks in the hands of a coach who has given me for every week a specific plan and told me what to train when and most importantly he told me how.
The how part was and still is the most difficult part to get used to, my Coach is very much into Heart  Rate Training so for every session I have to keep my heart Rate below a certain limit,which means from being beforehand already a slow runner and biker have had to get even slower.

This was a huge dent in my confidence , I was looking at so slow times that I wondered how the heck I ever will be able to finish my Half Ironman and the other problem was that I expected too fast results.
 My thinking was , OK I do this for 3-4 Weeks and than I'm flying, I can tell you I'm not. I'm still shuffling  slow around.
 I understand the concept of Low Heart rate Training, so i just have to go with it and swallow my pride.
On the other hand i really enjoy my Training and following the plan, it's great that i know exactly what I will do when and if running on a Wednesday is on the plan and it rains I'm still out and do the run, I don't have those excuses anymore, the plan states it and I do it.
Cycling is a tiny bit different, because it has to be safe to be out on the bike and we had a couple of bad storms around here we I just couldn't go out but for that I have a Turbo Trainer and can do shorter Turbo Sessions at home . Still if the weather somehow permits it,I'm out on the Bike.
Last or first part of the Training is my Swimming , my local pools had awkward opening times over the Christmas Period and I just couldn't really get into the Pool.
I'm paying heavily for that in the moment. I'm not a good swimmer anyway and the little technique I had seems to have disappeared completely , so back to the grind and going into the Pool 4 times a week is a must.

Triathlon in general has taken over my life completely these Days and I have t say I'm loving it.I'm meeting other Triathletes I'm talking to people who want to get into Triathlon , I'm learning from People who have been to Kona and the Buzz with all those People if just great, i have learned a very important Lesson over the last couple of Years, stay away from People who drag you down. It is hard but I have changed my environment quite a bit and i make very sure that I don't get involved with people who have in general a negative Attitude.
if you are looking for people with a positive Attitude , just find some Triathletes ;o))))


So have to remember my Mantra :












No comments:

Post a Comment