"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Sunday, December 4, 2011

finally back in the Race Game

Today I did a 5 km Santa dash Race, I know 5 km don't sounds very long and they aren't and I was not able to run through them in one go but it felt good to be out again.
I had a really bad Cold for nearly 4 Weeks , and 4-5 Days ago I still had a very soar throat and was living of Painkillers and other nasty tasting Stuff.
The Race felt really good and for the first Time I did not put myself under any Pressure , I walked when I needed to walk and I ran when I felt i could do it .
Next Weekend I will do another short Santadash Race and I will call that Race the First Race of the new Season , so today was the last Race of this Season, Here is a Summary of Races I did :

7 x 10Km Races
2 x 5 km Races
1x 10 mile Race
1 x 8 km Race
1 x 21 km ( Half Marathon )
1 x Super Sprint Triathlon ( 600m Swim , 16 km Cycle, 4 km Run )
and one huge Night Hike of 32km (I know this was not a Race but it was the toughest Challenge I ever did )

and I practically did not do any specialized Running Training or not even running Training at all ,which might explain why I mostly finished at the end of the Race . Lets see if I can improve my Times next Year with coordinated running Training , which I defiantly will have to do if I want to survive a Olympic Distance Triathlon which I have signed up for
2012 here I come , and the Plan is to do loads of 10 km Races , 1-2 Half Marathons 2-3 Triathlons and the Night Hike again ????? Oh and if possible a Adventure Race , sounds crazy yes it is ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment