"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Sunday, April 22, 2012

Another Race another Day and another Problem ?

Yesterday was another Trail Race, a 8km  Trail Race which I did last Year as well , last Year I finished last in that Race . So the Goal of course was to improve on this and I Improved it ,  I still ended up on the lower end ( 10th last in fact ) but not being  last and having 9 People behind ,me, plus quite a few non finishers is something . I also improved by around 5-6 minutes on the Time, however I can't really 100 Percent compare the Times , since the Course was a tiny bit different.
Next weekend will be the First 10km Road Run in 2012 ( So far every race I did was either on Trail or Beach or something like that ) . Will be interesting to see how that one goes.
Anyway all this is not my main Problem at the moment , as I mentioned in an earlier Post during a lung CT Scan they actually found out that my Thyroids are growing seemingly downwards in direction of my Lungs.
I'm booked for a ultrasounds in a couple of weeks time, but to be honest , by now the Panic Mode has nearly arrived. The Internet is great and fabulous Place but sometimes it gives an Amateur far too many information's, so reading up on this type of Thyroid issue I found some rather nasty possibilities and these are :
Best option : I'm a hypochondriac and nothing is wrong
Second best option :  Yes, Thyroids are a problem but that easily fixed with Tablets
Third option ( now we come to the nastier stages ) : the Thyroids need to be removed ( not a funny Idea with something that is in direct Neighborhood  to my Lungs and Airwaves )
Last Option is the Option that starts with the Letter "C"  , absolutely refuse to even think about that one.
Strangely enough since I have been told that my Thyroids are enlarged, I'm of course far more aware of my  "internals" and I really hope that in this Case I'm a Hypochondriac  and I Imagine the Symptoms.
I think I have a small problem swallowing, I have the feeling quite often that something is stuck down my throat. So if I imagine this, that would be fabulous , if I don't imagine it, then please let it be fixed with some tablets.
I will try to push all this into the back of my mind , it will not help if I make myself crazy , so I need to wait for the facts and Data . I usually function much better when I have Facts. Then I know where I'm at and what I have to do to fix problems , so to be able to do this I will try to keep up my Training and Race regime and with my Triathlon in June looming I better keep that up. There is of course this small voice in my Head that tells me that I will not be able to do these Races because of Health issues. So to my small little Voice, just shut up , I'm the Boss  and not the Couch Potato or any other small Voices. So training is a must. Happy Swimming , Cycling and running .....



No comments:

Post a Comment