"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Monday, June 25, 2012

20km Night hike done

I have finished the 20km Walk the Line Night Hike , which took place from Saturday to Sunday Night, here are some impressions it left with me .
Firstly really happy that I was able to finish it without too much of a struggle, I think that shows that my Fitness Level has improved quite a bit , the Hike itself was a mix out of everything , the first 8 km were really challenging ,really though terrain , with Boggy area's , with deep hidden Holes , Rain that didn't want to stop and one or two step enough Hills.
The second part of the Hike was more or less about finishing it , it was along a well worn path and therefor much easier to get through that, I did get cramps later on but I guess that was just because my feet were working quite hard to keep the balance.My Boots are not the best and if I do this next Year again I definitively will need to invest into a really nice pair of boots and probably a another backpack ,my Backpack is really nice and good but not ideal for a though Hike where you have to have enough emergency Equipment with you .
I guess I will do it again next year, I just really hope that we will have for a change really nice summer Weather on the other site if it really nice out there I might be eaten up by midgets .
So whats the plan now, I really want to do another triathlon and I found one that looks really nice and is at the end of July , that should give me some time to put in some more training and then do that Sprint Triathlon , in between I will have one or two Trail Races . I don't really see them as races ,chances are that I will finish last anyway but it's a good training for me



No comments:

Post a Comment