"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Sunday, July 1, 2012

10km Trail race not quite done



My Legs are still in agony , I had yesterday a 10km Trail Race ( 2 laps ) but I had to call it a day after the first lap, I felt so tired and exhausted that I knew I would not be able to finish a second lap. My Legs also were still extremely tired from the Night Hike the Week before.

Even with the Night Hike in my Legs I still should have been able to finish the Race, this shows very clearly the lack of running I have been doing lately, I still don't like running very much but it is part of Triathlons and I love Triathlons so I better get my running Training in.

I have at least a small excuse, the Food Poisoning from 2 weeks ago , took really it's toll. I still have small problems with my Stomach and I guess that will take another couple of Days to clear up completely.

I have signed up now for 2 more Triathlons and one Duathlon , the first Triathlon is in 4 Weeks time , that should give me plenty of time to do some proper Training . The Duathlon is in roughly 2 Weeks time, I remember quite clearly watching exactly this Event 3-4 Years back when I was still obese ( did weigh easily over 100 kg ) and realized back then that I wanted to do one of these one day. So this Year this Day will come. Looking backwards I can't really believe how far I have come , lost over 30 kg of Weight and have started to do Triathlons, I would call that quite and achievement .

Now the next stupid Idea has started to form very clearly in my Head , I thing in a Years time I want to be ready to do a Half Ironman.

If I really want to get to that Goal that will mean really serious Training but I think I'm ready to go down that road.

Lets see what the next couple of Weeks / Month will bring



Finish Line of the Trail Race not finished Business , 
this one will be on the Calendar next Year again 




No comments:

Post a Comment