"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Tuesday, July 10, 2012

that Concert that blew me away

this is probably a rather unusual Blog today it is not directly Sport related or maybe it is. So where to start, ok lets start 20 something Years back , when I was a Teenager and I really liked the Music from the Swedish Rock/Pop Band Roxette .
At that time I really would have loved to go to one of their Concerts to see them live , however I did not really have the Money to do that kind of stuff.
Anyway over the Years I continued to really enjoy their Music and when they stopped ( I don't want to say they broke up because they didn't ) , I was kind of sad.
Then in the News it came out that Marie from Roxette had a Brain Tumor and the next thing I kind of heard that Chemo and operation fixed that problem. I certainly wasn't following that story closely and I still was listening from time to time to the good old Roxette Songs. Two Years ago they finally announced that they would do another Album and Roxette was back. Back then I did read up on what happened to Marie a bit more ( Still not in depth though ) , I learned that She had lost Eye Sight on the right Eye. Anyway the new Album came out and I kind of was disappointed with it. After listening to it over the last couple of Days I still haven't figured out what found disappointing about it back then, I really love the Charm school album now, it's different and still pure Roxette and that's a good thing.

This Year then the Touring album came out called "Travelling" and I fell so in love with it. I personally think that the Tourism and Travelling are the best Roxette Albums + plus everything else.
So when the chance came now to see them live I grabbed it and yesterday that evening came, I can't compare this to any other Roxette Concert , especially not the ones from the past, but reading up on it , it seems that everyone agrees on this : being able to see Per and Marie perform Live together is one of the most stunning things they have experienced.
Lets put it that Way, If anyone would offer me Tickets for pretty much every concert on the planet or 1 Ticket for another  Roxette Concert, I woldn't need to think which one I would take.
That Women yesterday on the Stage had a couple of Years ago one of the toughest survivor  fights that you can get, yes I believe it has left some scars and I think She can show them with pride. She might not be able to jump all over the place anymore, but that Voice and that music left me with something I can't even describe  .
To fight and win that battle She has fought and give us 2 amazing hours is something very special for me and probably for quite a few other People on this Planet.
Since last Night I actually have seen many Interviews from Per and watched on Youtube that amazing Concert where Marie joined Per for 2 Songs in 2009 in Amsterdam. By the Way if anyone has such friend as Per is seemingly to Marie , make sure to not let that person down. Per is the big Brother of Marie and that makes Roxette for me even more special.
On one of the Comments in Youtube ,somebody mentioned something like this :
When I have a bad Day , then I just tell myself : You feel Bad , see what Marie has gone through .
I think that puts it to the point, if you have a goal in live to get healthier , fitter slimmer etc and you don't have a outstanding health reason from preventing this, then there is really no excuse to achieve that Goal . With that in mind I jumped this morning onto my Bicycle did put Roxette on my MP3 Player and had the perfect (Joy)Ride.

YES IT IS POSSIBLE ( Roxette Fans will understand this ):

Don't forget to look at the Positive Things in Life ! 
Picture of a Rainbow I was able to shoot today , thought it was fitting for this Blog 


No comments:

Post a Comment