"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hikes and Triathlons

Today I did another Hike , it was a Charity Hike organized by the Company I work for , or rather organised by me and some colleagues .
A couple of Month ago I was asked if I would choose Route for a Charity Hike, I happily enough agreed to do it, and suddenly a couple of weeks ago they asked me if we could it on this Weekend. Since it was one of my few free Weekends for a couple of weeks, I said yes.
Problem was, I needed at least 1 other Person to know the Route , just in case we had to split the group into slow and fast Hikers. Which meant I had to do this Hike already a couple of Days ago as a test run with a colleague to whom I showed most of the Route. Today was then the real thing, I realize now that it is quite nerve wrecking when you feel responsible for nearly 20 people and to walk them in the Irish Mountains.
I had chosen a route which was mostly on safe ground and to call it a challenge, I had included 2 Peaks,those where not too high but rather steep, as it turned out some people couldn't make the second Peak and I stayed back with them , which was fine with me.
 Thankfully the Weather was perfect , it was not raining but at the same time not blistering warm. So we managed to get everyone safely of the Mountains, but I suspect there will be quite a few People with very tired legs tomorrow.
I really hope my Legs will be OK, because I really want to get in a Cycle Ride into my Legs, I have my next Triathlon next Weekend and I haven't cycled all week long , OK I haven't done any running either but I have done bucket loads of walking and hiking that should hopefully should be good for something.
I'm really proud of my swimming , I managed to swim yesterday for the first time 1km in the pool , it took me roughly 30min, I know that this can be improved but for the moment I see that my swimming is really getting better , faster every week.




No comments:

Post a Comment