"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Monday, July 9, 2012

Enjoying a new Gadget

I have to admit it ,I'm a Gadget Freak . it's kind of annoying because Gadgets are firstly very often expensive and secondly usually not needed .
They are extras,very often nice extras but no gadget on this planet will make me a better Athlete , to become a better Athlete the only Way to do it is to put in the Effort.
Anyway I know all of this above but I still buy Gadgets when I can afford them and I enjoy them, now I have bought a Garmin Forerunner 210 , this will show a bit more than the time.
This Watch is a GPS Enabled Watch and it shows pace Distance Heart rate and after the Workout I can upload the Data and track where I did Run or cycle along . Garmin is very persistent in telling that it should not be used for swimming , so it's a Toy for me to track my cycling and running.
Which I have done over the Last 2 Weeks and it is a bit scary , I had not run with a Heart Rate Monitor for ages and when I started again with it i kind of had hoped that my Heart Rate would not be so high again , it shows even on a "easy" run my Heart Rate is usually at 80 Percent .
This shows very clearly that I'm missing base fitness and quite a bit of it . The only Way to fix it is doing more Exercise , especially running.
So that means running , running and more running. I also used my Gadget during Cycling and my Heart rate and speed is much better there ( No real surprise i love cycling and use every chance I can get  to cycle around ).
In Triathlon Cycling is my favorite Part but since Triathlon exists out of 3 Parts i need to make sure that the other 2 parts are ok as well.
Next Week is a Duathlon on the Plan and in 3 Weeks a Sprint Triathlon , looking forward to these Events.Even though the Duathlon is missing my so much beloved cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment