"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Saturday, June 23, 2012

Night Hike ahead

tonight I'm doing the Walk the Line Night Hike, this is a 20km / 30 km hike through the Mountains organised by the Mountain rescue. So I guess I should be rather save,  I originally had signed up for the full option 30km but I have had a really a bad Case of Food poisoning last Week . I was not able to eat anything for a couple of Days, not a Diet I can recommend .
I lost nearly 5 pounds of weight but a huge amount of that was fluids and I still have not fully recovered from that .
So I have asked the organizers to move me to the 20 km option , which will be though enough .I did last year the 30km Night Hike and it has been the toughest thing I ever did in my life, I really hope that I have improved this Year on my Fitness so that it is not so extremely hard but i will see tomorrow.
To be honest now I just want to have this Hike out of the Way, after that I'm planning to do a 2-3 weeks intense Training Block for a couple of Triathlons I'm planning for the end of July beginning of August.
I'm actually looking forward trying to get as much as possible out of my body via Training so that I will be better prepared for those Triathlons.
I think that's the first time in my Exercise life where I want to do training not because it's healthy , or it will help me loose weight, no this Time I want to Train to improve what I'm doing in a race

For everyone who thinks of starting with Triathlons , I have only one Recommendation : Go for it !
But be warned you could be seriously hooked ;o)
So better start to pack my stuff for tonight and then I will relax for the rest of the day , it will be long Night and i just hope the Rain and Wind stays away ( Forecast is pretty grim ) .


No comments:

Post a Comment