"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Sunday, June 3, 2012

another Race report, this time it was Tri time

done and dusted it is , today I have successfully finished my second ever Triathlon , it was over the Sprint Distance and I have finished quite far at the end ( even though the Race Result numbers show different at the moment, the Computer had a glitch and did not calculate my swim time).
Anyway this Race was never about position, this Race was about two things , firstly , do I really like Triathlons ( I suspected that after my first ever Triathlon last Year ), secondly if I like Triathlons , how far can I go and can I improve on it .

First Question is answered with a Yes , oh yeah I like Triathlons very much,I think I like most about them is, that beside that they are physically Challenging , for me they are mentally even more challenging.
The Swim part is the Scary Part and I have learned today I just need to do more Swim Training and then I  should be fine.
The cycling part is the easy Part, I have figured out that I really love Cycling, today  I took it easy on the bike because I knew I had to run 5km after the 20km Cycle ride and  I was not sure how my Body would react to it.
The Run was strange, I had the whole time the feeling that I was running really slow and at the and I was only 3-4 minutes slower than my personal best and I could have continued after this . I was not exhausted or drained .
So that brings me to my second Question , can I improve on this and yes I believe I can improve this if I manage to get a regular Training in and don't find excuses for not training. I'm pretty sure that I can chafe of easily 6-8 minutes from my Swim ( 750m in 23 min ) ,I'm even more convinced that I can cycle much faster, easily 8-10 min ( 20km in 48 min ) , the running  part is the hardest  ( 5km - 37 min ) , I would love to get here a tiny bit more out of it but that would require real dedication to running and not sure that I have that in me .
I think I will not do any other Triathlons until August that would give me plenty of time to train and do some other crazy exercise stuff , like the upcoming 30km Night Hike

No comments:

Post a Comment