"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Thursday, February 21, 2013

Nervous about upcoming Half

I'm really nervous about the upcoming half Marathon in just over a Weeks time . I did last Weekend a 15K Trail  Training's run and thought I would die , it did hurt, actually it really did hurt and my Hamstring nearly gave out.
I had on purpose chosen to run a Trail because I wanted to run slow and steady, but also because I like the Scenery of that particular trail run , it goes along the Cliff path and it is just stunningly beautiful, but on the other site when I had finished the 15K I was very disappointed with the time I had done it and also I was not sure if I could add on to this another 6 km for the Half Marathon.

My mind keeps on telling me that the Day before I did this Trail run I did a really intensive 40K Bike Trip through the Wicklows and the Trail I had chosen for the run was really tricky and boggy , so my mind knows I should not judge this Training's run to harshly , another small voice in my Head calls me looser and tells me that I will not be able to finish this Half marathon.

Had not heard that Voice for a while ,so took me a couple of Days to recognize  that Voice, it was my good old Couch potato, the small Voice which was once quite a big and loud Voice that kept telling me I can't do this and can't do that.
So now I have recognized this Voice I need to be firm with myself, I can't listen to that Voice so my plan is to start and finish this Half marathon , and if I finish it last, that does not matter at all .
I have on Saturday another small Trail Race , it's a 8km in a local park , i have done this Race over the last 2 Years and I really love these Events , just hope now it will not start to snow on Saturday otherwise I plan just to enjoy it and see how it goes.

So last Words to my Couch Potato : Keep quiet , don't need you !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment