"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Race Report and future Plans

I did it i did my first ever Half Marathon , that means I managed to do 13 Miles or in Metric 21 Kilometers and a bit. It was though actually it was really really though but at no time was there a question of quitting this Race. I knew I couldn't run a good time , if you have  not trained good enough you can't expect wonders. The Hills in Donegal are not really made for running so what I did was walk fast the hills up and run on the flat and downhill parts. I would have been happy if the Race would have been finished after 10 miles ( 16 km ) but I managed to get through the last 3 Miles . I managed to do the run on 3 Hours which is by Half marathon Times very slow buy again I knew I had not trained enough. Most importantly was that I really enjoyed it, so now to the next Plans.
I might do another though Half marathon in November, it would be kind of special of doing that one but more about that in another post.
I also signed up yesterday for a Olympic Triathlon next Year , that one will be in June and I better get into Training to be able to finish that one.
Today I had a ultrasound Scan of my Liver , as an Alpha there is a risk of Liver Damage because the "bad" Stuff gets trapped in the liver .I don't think my liver is affected in any Way but I really appreciate that the Irish Alpha 1 Foundation is looking after me so well, i also received a letter for a MRI Scan next year where they will check out the Status of my lungs.
My Job is now to train over the Winter month as much as possible , to loose the rest of the Excess Weight and to keep healthy as much as possible.
For the weight loss and the Health i have bought now a High end Juicer and that Stuff I'm juicing is extremely tasty but I have realized i still have to watch the calories from that juicing because it has the same amount of Calories as if  I would eat that stuff . i  need to make sure that one of my mails , probably Dinner gets replaced more often than not with a Juice or a smoothie and not that i drink that Juice on Top of my Dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment