"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Sunday, October 9, 2011

Kona Ironman , what an Inspiration

did kind of a Marathon last Night and this Morning , the marathon was not me doing Exercise , it was watching some of  the best Athletes in the World doing exercise .
I was watching the Live Stream for the Kona Ironman World Champion Chips and what an inspiration. Watching Chrissie Wellington really fighting to win this Race was absolute amazing , to be honest after 40 miles into the Bike Ride I did not think She would be able to pull it off, but that is what makes her and all these other Finishers so special , they don't give up. Also seeing Julie Dibens fighting as long as She could with a injury and still not willing to give up showed me how amazing these Guy's and Girls are.
after the Pro finished the Race , i went into Bed and woke up early again ,the first thing after grabbing a Coffee was to watch again the Rest of the live coverage , this time seeing the Rest of the Age Grouper coming into the Finish line,again truly amazing what these Athletes did and then at the finish Line they got a hug from Chrisse and other Pro racer. seeing 70 or even 81  Year old finishers and double Amputees crossing the line made me ask myself again what is different and the answer is simple. I'm sitting here in my Living Room and drinking lazily Coffee while these Athletes did a huge amount of Training over the last couple of Years.
Damn i want to finish a Race when I'm in my 70th or even older and the only way to do this is getting out there and doing the Run / Bike and Swim
See you later

No comments:

Post a Comment