"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Tuesday, March 20, 2012

running , cycling and ah well swimming

So what has been happening over the last Week , actually not much, I kept up my Training and that is where I actually have surprised myself quite a bit.

So here it is , on Saturday we did another "long" Bicycle trip with the Triathlon Club ,we managed to cycle 45km, in a tiny bit more than 2 hrs. That was amazingly fast and I have to say I was very surprised how well I was able to keep up and how well I felt after the Trip.
After that, I didn't think I would be able to do much on Sunday but the Weather in the Morning was extremely nice and even though my legs felt a little bit tired, I thought a short run should be fine.
The short run turned into a 11km run , very slow run, but anyway running for 11km just because I didn't feel like stopping was pretty impressive and it didn't stop there.
I knew my local swimming pool would be closed on Monday so in the afternoon I decided to have a go in the Pool, after a couple of Lanes just lazily swimming I decided to do some serious fast Lanes , I managed to swim under 1:30 min for 50 m  ( 2 x25 m ) under my belt . I was able to hold this together for 300m .That might not sound like much but for me that's really good news.
After this practically perfect Weekend, I didn't think I would be able to top that until this morning,
I had decided to try to run 5.5km in under 40 minutes,at the end I managed to run my fasted ever 5 km ( in 35 min ) . Again I know that's not fast for a lot of People but for me that's seriously fast, really happy about that.
That's the Training Part , tomorrow I will have my CT Scan of my Lung and I will have my Lung function test in 2 weeks time , lets see if there are any changes positive or negative in my Lung function.
But that's something for another time , before that I will have this Saturday a short Trail run and I'm planning to enjoy that one as much as possible .

My Sunday Trail Run 




No comments:

Post a Comment