"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Sunday, September 4, 2011

another 10k Race in the Pocket

I did another 10k Race yesterday , it was a Beautiful Trail Run around the reservoir in Roundwood. Originally i wanted to skip this Race , I was rather tired and still a bit exhausted from the Sprint Triathlon the Week before.
Also I had just recovered from this rather nasty 24 Bug which made sure I never was far away from the Bathroom.

However I had signed up for it and at least I would do something for my upcoming Half Marathon, I had no expectation whatsoever for this Run,  I kind just wanted to get it over with and enjoy the Rest of the Weekend.
I didn't expect what followed , it was an amazing beautiful  at the same time Challenging Trail Run , I so enjoyed this Run . We only were around 60 Starters and I knew pretty well from the beginning that I would probably be the last finisher , which I didn't mind at all,pity was that I really had to concentrate on the Path but occasionally I just took it really slow and enjoyed the Views. in the first 5-6 km I was also really fast ( really fast for me ) but then exhaustion and the though Trail got the better of me and I nearly needed 1hr and 20 Minutes to finish this , and I didn't even finish last

I felt great after this Race and now I'm looking forward to some nice training runs , fast short ones and slow long ones, and then the Half Marathon is around the Corner.
If all these activity's I have been doing this Year, are falling under the Term: Midlife Crisis , then it is the best thing ever

No comments:

Post a Comment