"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Saturday, January 28, 2012

Can swimming be really so complicated ?

I now usually three times a week in the Pool and try to learn how to Swim properly Free Style, the Day before the Swim I usually watch some Videos on YouTube, which explains some Swimming Techniques .
I don't really want to spend my Money at the moment on a Masters Class, so it's self learning for the moment , lets see how far I can get with this.
I think I know roughly what I'm doing, when I try to put the Video lessons into practice.
Never would have thought that swimming can be so complicated. Every time I'm in the Pool I see a improvement but it is not easy, Yesterday for example I decided to concentrate on the Breathing Technique , I think I swallowed half of the Pool water, the Theory is nice, start to breath-out as soon as your Head is under Water , turn Head and Breath in.
I think I will swallow quite a bit more Water, until I have mastered that part of the Swim, next step will be Bi lateral Breathing which I tried yesterday as well and actually it worked well for a couple of strokes, with the right Breathing Technique, then I started to swallow Water again.
I'm sure in a couple of Weeks time I will have put everything into place, so that I will be ready for the Open Water Swimming Season.
So much for the Swim Part , now the Running part, I still don't do much running , however I bought now the Audiofuel "run Faster" Series from Chrissie Wellington. I tried the Short 25 minute Track first time on a Treadmill, Holy Cow I was not aware that I could run that fast for that amount of time. OK it was only for 20 minutes but for me that's amazing. I hope I can stick with it , if yes then the Running Problem will a Problem of the Past.
So that's it for this Week, just one small part , not loosing Weight but also not gaining Weight , would love to get rid of the next 10-15 pounds but it's just not happening at the moment , it will come, I rather concentrate on Fitness Level and with that the last Pounds will disappear


No comments:

Post a Comment