"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop !
Confucius



Thursday, March 19, 2020

Pandemic times


I think the most puzzling thing for me during this Pandemic is the time frame, I knew it was coming , I saw what had happened in China. I saw the slow progression from there and fully expected it to hit here in Ireland but that is as far as my foresight was working, somehow I thought we will bunker down for two weeks and after that all is back to normal, even know knowing better, I can't think beyond the end of the Month.

It is actually impossible for me to think more than 2 weeks ahead and that is very strange for me,I'm someone who plans a year ahead, who considers events to work towards a year ahead and in this one I can't think at the moment beyond two weeks, I need to learn to accept it

I'm a introvert and I utterly assumed that not meeting people not going out will not impact me whatsoever and I know in comparison to others I really don't mind much but again I'm surprised that it affects me, this thing teaches me a lot about me very quickly and I have to adjust to the Way I see myself

So looking back at the last week I realized I need to address some things otherwise this will not go well and writing about it is the first start, I barely have done any sport in the last 10 days and mostly have been sitting on my couch, firstly this is not good for my mental health and not good for my waistline

I have plans in my head and they are simple , walking ( I'm injured and running is out for now ) and cycling and there is the problem, In other countries they have banned leisure cycling and the reason makes sense , the Government is worried that these people crash and add load to the health system, the Irish government has not gone that far, they even encourage exercise  since they realized that sport is important to Mental health.
I can't quite figure out why I find every excuse not to go cycling, it probably is saver at the moment than it has been in years, there are barely any cars out there,main point whatever is stopping me I need to get over it , this is not a 2 week thing and I can go back to normal live and I need to keep reminding me about it

stay save everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment